I love to set goals for myself. I sit down somewhere around the 1st of every month, and make a list of all the things I want to accomplish that month ( See December Goals and November Goals). But for January, I thought I would rather make a few goals for the New Year as a whole, rather than just the month. I feel like the whole year is going to be a blur, but specifically the month of January, as I try to recover from the whirlwind that is the holiday season.
Without further ado, here are my 2019 goals:
- ACTUALLY create and follow through on a healthier lifestyle – I honestly have no idea what this will look like, but I want to lose this extra 10lbs I’m carrying around, workout more, and follow a better diet (I eat terribly).
- Read more – I feel like this is always a goal of mine at the beginning of the year. Life is just so busy, I feel like I never have enough time to sit down and turn my mind off long enough to read. I’m going to set a realistic goal of finishing 25 books in 2019.
- Finish my Real Estate licensing education – This goal got sort of tabled in 2018. I took on a more demanding position at my full time job, and was literally killing myself trying to squeeze everything in. I finished the course, but feel like I am no where near ready to pass the exams. So I want to wrap that up in 2019, for sure.
- Work on my self-esteem – I have what I like to refer to as yo-yo self-esteem. I go through various phases of loving myself, to having absolutely zero self-esteem. It’s weird too because I can think I am totally crushing it at life, but hate my body all at the same time; and vice versa. Overall, in 2019 I want to gain a new level of self-respect and appreciation.
- Build on my relationships with my family – I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. In 2019, I want to focus on feeling and spreading the love. I think at the end of the day, that’s really all we will be able to take with us; nothing else is going to matter.
- Get married – Lastly, I want to close out 2019 by marrying my best friend. It’s crazy how much we can love another person. I had no idea it was even possible, but it happened to me, and I cannot wait to be his wife.
My goal with my resolutions this year was to keep it simple, focus on the achievable, and make them all happen for myself. I think if I stick to this simple list, everything else will just fall into place. Can you tell I am coming out of my Post-Holiday Slouch, and am pretty much entirely high on life right now?!